Thursday, November 17, 2011

Everybody's Dieting

Kind of ironic that at this time of year – the Holiday Season – it seems that everyone around me is dieting. I went to dinner with a guy-friend last night …a big-snuggly-teddybear guy… who’s suddenly on a strict diet. We had to have dinner at 8:30pm because he needed to work out first. We couldn’t have drinks with our meal because he’s on an alcohol break. We didn’t indulge in mayonnaise or cheese or french-fries because he’s basically living off chicken, veggies, and whole-grains.
It was strange.
I’m definitely not complaining. It made what little I ate much more acceptable, but it was an interesting experience. When the dinner conversation with a burley, manly-man consists of calorie counting&fat content, I know the world around me is on a diet.
He looks good, though. His hard work is paying off. And I didn’t gain a thing – even after falling asleep on a semi-full stomach.
Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment