Friday, November 9, 2012

DeFlabbed Arms

I inherited my flabby arms from my mother.
I remember seeing a picture
of myself in high school
where I was leaning back onto my hands
with my upper arms pressed against my back
and the fat was bulging out beside me
which completely mortified me
and will forever motivate me
to keep my arms in shape.
Unfortunately,
genetics are not on my side.
The only times in my life
when my arms were good
were when I was young&athletic
with arms I never really thought about toning
and a few years ago
(at the height of my anorexia)
when the skin of my arms clung to my bones
instead of the fat that has built itself up again.
I know eventually the flab won't go away
and even if I lose the weight
my arms will sag&bulge
so I need to take control before they lose it.
I don't want fat arms in
a wedding dress
or
a bridesmaids dress
or
an office blouse
or
a beach bikini
...
I want my thin arms back.
FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment