Thursday, November 1, 2012

Camp&Anemia

I probably had the best body the summer I was
a camp counselor.
I rarely found time to eat
-not that cafeteria food was worth finding time for-
and all I did was walk&exercise.
From Cabin ---> Mess Hall
quarter mile of hills
From Mess Hall ---> Lake
even further
(with more hills)
and the Between Grounds for activities
...were rarely tame or action-free.
I was constantly
jumping rope
swimming
hiking
and completely the high-ropes obstacle course.
And my body was the best evidence of my lifestyle.
I was a solid-little-rock
without an ounce of fat on my bones.
But
- by the end of summer -
I was blacking out when standing
and
slouching with every step
so I spent the last all-counselor all-nighter fasting
in preparation for my next day of testing.
Anemia.
Of course.
And I miss the anemia.
I miss the weakness.
I miss the distractions that kept me so tiny.
...I would love that life back...
Goal: be anemic again.
(sooner rather than later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment