Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Beach Days

The best thing about living in a warm climate is the constant knowledge that any day could turn into a beach day. A short trip to the coast and my body's bikini-clad on the ocean's shoreline. A few steps onto my back patio and I'm sun-soaking by the pool. It may not ever actually happen like that considering I don't have time to romp around in the sunshine ...like ever... but it's the thought creeping around in my head that screams at me when I want to slam an entire key-lime-pie.
I was just telling the boyfriend the other day, though, that warm weather allows me to dress like a slob more easily. Unlike the winters of our college-days in Minnesota, I don't have to worry about fitting into skinny jeans or bothering with the clingyness of sweaters. But, instead, I can throw on an over-sized-tank with a bandeau-bra and flowy-skirt without stressing over the fit of my body inside the fabrics. So bikinis must remain on my brain. I may not find the time to wear them very often ...but at any moment I could be forced into one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, thanks for following me! I really do like your blog so I chose to follow you! You don't look that bad in a bikini, you know, but I can totally relate to the wish to look even better! Stay strong and beautiful, take care

    ReplyDelete