Monday, December 17, 2012

My Scale

My mother who’s been feeding into my weight obsession since I can remember – sent me her old scale in the mail and I finally received it over the weekend. She claims it’s entirely accurate – having weighed in at home then heading directly to the doctor’s office to find the same weight – so I’m excited to actually use this scale. It’s so inconvenient to use the gym scale. In one of my three gym location options, the scale is in the office, so I have to ask to use it. No thanks. And in the other two, it’s right in the middle of the weight-lifting machines. It’ll be nice to have a good scale to keep track of myself on. I put it right next to my desk (where I sit down to type all these posts) so it’s a nice, little motivator&reminder.
And, even after my awful weekend, I weighed in on Monday morning and I’d lost .5lbs. woohoo. I guess one blown weekend didn’t completely kill me.
Now I just have to convince myself to only do Monday weigh-ins instead of hopping on and checking a million times a day.

1 comment: