Thursday, December 20, 2012

Old Pants

So, a couple weekends ago I discovered
a box in the back of my closet
filled with clothes.
When we moved,
I packed a box of clothes with holes&rips
that I hoped to fix someday
then obviously forgot about.
I was excited when I found it,
cause I’d just been thinking
that I needed some new jeans and
instead of buying any –
I simply fixed some old ones that fit perfectly well.
Well, maybe not so perfectly
since I put on some weight
since I bought most of those jeans
...
hence why I've been able to live without them.
Today, I’m wearing one of the pairs I patched up
– a pair of purple skinnies I bought in college.
I distinctly remember wearing them to the bar 2 summers ago
and they were so tight I couldn’t button them
I left it undone
and
put a belt on to cover the opening.
When I put them on this morning,
they were loose around the waist
a full hand can fit
between the front button and my belly.
I feel incredibly satisfied by this.
And I hope soon:
they'll be TOO BIG.


Too bad there are so many holiday treats around
causing me to stumble lately.
Who has chocolate for breakfast!?
A fat girl who definitely won't have loose pants
come January!
C'mon... gotta get it together right now.

1 comment:

  1. WOWY! That must of been such a lovely feeling. I have a tiny wardrobe too in my mummys loft. I can not wait to get into it!

    ReplyDelete