Friday, December 28, 2012

Secret Obsession

Over the holidays I got together with some girlfriends.
One of them has lost a significant amount of weight
since college.
We had dinner at a Italian restaurant
and
all she talked about was wanting to order something delicious
but that she couldn't allow herself to get FAT again.
After she'd downed a couple dirty martinis
she munched off everyone's plates
sloppily shoveling carbs
between her pink, smudged lips.

I saddened me.

I created this blog so I could keep my obsession to myself.
I've been up&down
...
and people have noticed.
I've lost&gained
...
and people point it out.
(one of my girlfriends actually mentioned that:
I'm looking thinner at our Italian dinner.)
But whether I'm chubbyORtiny
...
I keep my thoughts to myself
and
never spew my weight-loss desires
or
weight-gain fears under wraps.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment :) Made me smile. Hope you enjoyed the meal :) xx

    ReplyDelete