Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The New "Normal"

I think it's admirable that so many people applauded her confidence in an imperfect body. I, though, would not want her body. And I find it kind of sad that Americans jump so quickly to the defense of a "normal" girl while shamefully scolding the "skinny" ones. Can't everyone just be beautiful? Does anyone need to be praised for their curves ...or scrutinized for their bones? I feel like it defeats the purpose to pump up someone plumper just to sink those who are smaller. Mekayla Diehl certainly looked great and I'm not here to criticize, but I'm also not here to chose the biggest girl as the best just because she's "normal."  Also, scrolling through all the swimwear pictures, there were a lot of the girls who looked "normal."

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't mind having that lady's body! Mine is looking a bit chunky as is.

    However, I think whoever we want to be should be applauded. If we want curves, that's good, if we want bones, that's good. If we want to be fat, then damnit, we should be fat!

    ReplyDelete