Monday, April 15, 2013

Tragic Motivation

I think its incredibly annoying when people latch on to tragedy that has nothing to do with them, but this whole ordeal with the Boston Marathon has really hit my heart. The fact that all these people who were working so hard to better their lives were so negatively effected in the blink of an eye hits home to me.
It makes me remember to
live my life to the fullest
- stop sweating the small stuff -
- do what I want when I want to do it -
- without giving excuses or finding distractions. -
Life is so short and precious
and the person I want to be should be the person I am.
Since, I'm not there yet,
I need to get my ass in gear and get there.
I need to live the life I want
while it's still there for the living.
I took a little break from blogging.
Got a promotion at work...
started house-hunting with the boyfriend...
prepped for holidays and friends' weddings...
excuses excuses excuses.
They may all be legitimate reasons not to take control, but I will not allow myself to be taken over again.
Thank goodness I didn't gain during this break.
I'm actually feeling pretty tiny, but I "haven't had time" to weigh myself.
Getting my shit together right now.
I'm back.
That's all there is to it.
And I will reach all my goals.

1 comment:

  1. I adore this post. The Boston incident didn't hit home for me but I do feel for the people that it hurt.

    I agree; sometimes we need stop sweating all of the little things in our lives. Usually I'm a black or white person. The world is bright and sunny or there is a rain cloud over my head.

    We do need to live the life we want, and one that will better us and the people around us in the future.

    ReplyDelete