Saturday, October 27, 2012

Attention&Vomit

Generally my thoughts just go:
must be thin.

But sometimes I think:
what led me to this mindset?

I guess I can point some of it toward
my senior year in high school.
I'd put on a little weight at the beginning of that year.
(chubby cheeks & lots of layered clothes)
- incredibly uncomfortable in my own body -
And I had a hot new science teacher
- a classmate of my oldest brother
&
recent grad of my future university -
who gave me some attention...
...but not enough.
As my bulimia took hold
and my body started shrinking
I got what I wanted.
.from lots of sources.
And
- from that time on -
I knew what I needed to do for attention
(though I'm sure I'd known for a long time)
and I willingly accepted any/all drastic measures.
That teacher is married now.
(I think to the women he'd been dating back then.)
But he definitely liked to give me attention
- I've gotten inappropriate attention from a lot of men over the years -
and it all made me want to
shrink shrink shrink
down to nothing.

Thus, I think:
I must be thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment